Sunday, May 25, 2008

First Posting

Well, this is exciting. Everyone's doing it, and so now I am too!!

A quick rundown of what I hope to do with this:

1. I read massive amounts (mostly romance novels, some fantasy/sci-fi, some mystery), so I will be posting my opinion of the books I've read. I'm not a writer, not affiliated with any writer's organizations, nor so I have any experience in writing, publishing, or rejection (which I hear goes with the territory there...), nor will I be keeping tabs on the world of writing, publishing, etc, except in those instances where I am all aflutter to read a newly released book.
2. Who can resist social commentary!? Not me!! Although I must be upfront and admit that I am absolutely not interested in politics (except political humor), and most current events rate about a 2/5 on my interest-o-meter.
3. Family and work-place humor, because seriously, I have run in to some funny shit. The stories I could tell! WOW! I'm recently separated from the Air Force, and THAT, my friends, is fodder right there for a good season's-worth of comedy on any TV show. The government! Wow.

4. I love me some movies, so expect comments on new and up-coming movies. Not chick flicks, though...you'd think that would be my thing, reading romance novels and all, but no. I love the action movies. Guy flicks. That's where it's at. Exploshuns!! Blood! Gore! Squee!

Which leads me to my next numbered list:

1. I cuss. Yeah. A lot sometimes, even. But I'm grown, so I'm allowed. If you don't like it, please either ignore it or head on out. I'm really not doing it to piss you off.
2. I'm a mean person. Things I shouldn't find funny?? They are. I'm just wrong like that. But that's why this blog is so great! My cheerful, bubbly, happy personality won't screw with your perceptions! You won't have issues believing me when I say that, because you've never been taken in by my super-fabulously animated and easy-going nature!
3. Feedback is like gossip to me. If I feel like it applies, I'm down with listening. If I don't...see #2 above. Don't get me wrong, though. I LOVE gossip. It rocks.

I'm excited about this, though! This is going to be great! And if not? At least I've left my own piece of pink inter-garbage out there...

No comments: